10.01.2007

Football Sunday+Cardinals Game+Ryan Adams show+Throwing Baby Shower+Mason Jennings Show+Tom's Going Away Party/Brewery Tour + Wedding in Chicago=Death

And that was just the last six days of my life. I may literally crumble from exhaustion, but I have so much to say. I even had to miss a few events if you can believe it. Very Depressing. We can start with the baseball. We got to go to a Cards Game (compliments of Kerry Foods Tickets..thank you very much!) and the Cardinals got PUMMELED. But I was okay with it, because I thought the Brewers still had a chance and I did NOT want the Cubs to win. Sigh. I'll have to settle for watching them get a beat down in the first round vs Zona. Next, the concerts. Ryan Adams. Not so great. Song selection sucked and the set wasn't very long at all. But that was made up for at Mason Jennings, which was AMAZING. It was a really good show, and I recommend everyone have his music and go see him. He sort of rules live. And thanks to Jess for sneaking us in freebie style! Let's see, what more. My boss recently had a baby and we threw a baby shower, which I think went very nicely! (when did i have time to bake?!). Sadly, Tom is moving back to Chicago for a great job, so congrats to him! But sad for us. Of course that means Lakefront tour very necessary on Friday. That was lots of fun. Then wake up early the next day for a wedding in Chicago. I may die of exhaustion soon. Finally, for the things I missed. I did not get to see Mo, who was in from Minneapolis this weekend, but hopefully she will come back soon. And finally, the worst, I missed Miss Ashley Little's going away/Birthday Party. I am sad I missed it, but will survive, because in her own words:

"I hope to see you guys, but not in a passive-aggressive, "I'm subtly telling you that you need to come or I'll be sad sort of way." It's more in a "I like hanging out with you, but I understand if you can't make it" sort of way. My emotions are pretty complicated like that. Most of what I feel requires a compound-complex sentence. "

So HAPPY 24th Birthday to Miss Ashley. And everyone wish her luck and farewell. I'm sad she is gone, but now I have a reason to vaca in L.A! Although, I will miss our days at the country club...



5 comments:

melissa said...

dude don't worry about missing stuff. you don't always have to say yes to everything... in the same vein, you can sleep when you're dead. i probably look ten years older than i am because i say yes too many times. : )

katandkarl said...

=) did you take any pics of the michigan ave?

melissa said...

Jackson Square...one of my favorites.

jennifer said...

one of my favorites too :) He played it well.

Unknown said...

stop whinning